Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:07:46 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@mux.org.uk>
To:        Deogratious <dvsebuwufu@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: asking

Deogratious wrote:

> Am by the names of Deogratious and i wish to know some thing better with more explanations.
> Could you  mplease tell me the mail software that i can pu under FreeBSD and i can add clients and it can be accessed in properly for their mails
> yours

If you'd like to run a mail server on FreeBSD you can find some popular
mail servers in the 'mail' catagory of the FreeBSD ports system. Please
read the handbook for more information on how to install a port, and
also how to change your system mail software - although the port will
likely to that for you.

Some popular mail servers to look at include qmail, postfix and exim and
also the standard mail server that FreeBSD installs by default called
sendmail. Many people find sendmail difficult to use and configure so
replacing it is a popular choice.

My suggestion would be to consider what you want to do, and then spend a
lot (!) of time reading on the web to understand your options and how
you want to proceed.

Good luck!

Andrew

PS - please also read the document at