Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2017 14:14:47 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   buildworld wrkdir, ignore error & single-user questions

I have several trivia questions.

1. I build 3 separate worlds (Host, Jails, Poudriere) with different src.co=
nf settings (SRCCONF=3Dfile.conf). Is there a way to specify absolute work-=
dir path instead of relative? For example:
for host, "# make buildworld" goes to /path/obj/path/git/src
whereas, "# make buildworld TARGET=3Di386" goes to /path/obj/i386.i386

So I'd like all world builds to go to /path/obj/ and also set custom sub-pa=
ths such as:
"# make buildworld SRCCONF=3Djails.conf WRKDIR=3D/path/obj/src.j"
"# make buildworld SRCCONF=3Dpoudriere.conf WRKDIR=3D/path/obj/src.p"
What would be the correct syntax for above?
I doubt it, but any easier way to accomplish the above other than shell scr=
ipt?

2. Kernel is drm-next, and dmessg gets flooded with this error
[drm:radeon_vga_detect] VGA-1: probed a monitor but no|invalid EDID
Is there any way to set stdout to ignore or dev/null this flood?

3. Dropping to single user always asks what shell to use
"enter for bin/sh or path for shell". Is there a way to=20
a) change default shell for single user=20
b) just go to shell - no confirm
c) even if I enter /bin/csh at the above prompt, still goes to /bin/sh, I h=
ave to call csh from sh to get a decent shell.

--=20
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.