Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 08:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .s -> .S filename change in /sys

In article <391A406B.3EBD0C57@softweyr.com>,
Wes Peters  <wes@softweyr.com> wrote:

> Use a shell or editor with filename completion?

Please assume that I've already thought of and rejected this entire
category of hacks.  You perl fans out there needn't bother sending me
any magic scripts.

I say again: the problem this mass renaming would address is (a) not
very important and (b) solvable by other means.  Renaming all these
files would be a departure from the other BSDs and from 25+ years of
established convention in the kernel.  I wouldn't mind it if there
were ample justification, but I certainly haven't seen that in this
discussion.

John