Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:00:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problem using ports

--0-1647742589-1003208438=:68569

hi,

iam having trouble using the ports collection.Actually we are connecting our computer to the internet through a proxy server.so we normally cant do a ftp from this machine.first we have to connect to the ftp proxy in the server,and then from there connect to the place,ie,

ftp>open  ip address(address of proxy)

then when it will ask for user name

username:anonymous@ftp.freebsd.org

password : some mail id.

now my ports collection is directly trying to connect to the specific site i think and thats why its not getting connected.How do i configure and what to configure to make to work.

can anybody help me.

thanx

rohit

--0-1647742589-1003208438=:68569

<P>hi,</P>
<P>iam having trouble using the ports collection.Actually we are connecting our computer to the internet through a proxy server.so we normally cant do a ftp from this machine.first we have to connect to the ftp proxy in the server,and then from there connect to the place,ie,</P>
<P>ftp&gt;open&nbsp; ip address(address of proxy)</P>
<P>then when it will ask for user name</P>
<P><A href="mailto:username:anonymous@ftp.freebsd.org">username:anonymous@ftp.freebsd.org</A></P>
<P>password : some mail id.</P>
<P>now my ports collection is directly trying to connect to the specific site i think and thats why its not getting connected.How do i configure and what to configure to make to work.</P>
<P>can anybody help me.</P>
<P>thanx</P>
<P>rohit</P>
Make a great connection at <a