Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:35:15 +1000 (AEST)
From:      Greg Ungerer <gerg@stallion.oz.au>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, gerg@stallion.oz.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi-Port Async Cards

Joe Greco writes:
> Companies like this encourage us mad hackers to buy products from them :-)
>
> I visited your Web site briefly, I don't recall seeing any "list" prices,
> etc., however.  It would not be too hard to beat your competition (i.e.

Well, oddly enough Stallion used to have price info in the web site. But the
sales folk removed it... The main reason is that it only listed US prices,
and this is not very useful for people outside of the US.

> Specialix) by providing this sort of information - I had asked for product
> info and pricing via their snazzy Web site, never got anything but a
> followup asking how the service was, wrote back and told them their service
> stank because I never got any information, and they actually sent me a MOUSE
> PAD and a nice apologetic non-form-letter - but they STILL didn't include
> the originally requested information.  Duh.
>
> I for one would really be interested in seeing some price info.  :-)  An
> intelligent card and a FreeBSD box could make a killer terminal server.

OK, I'll send you some price info, off-line. I don't have US pricing at
hand, so it may be a day or two...

Seeya
Gerg

Greg Ungerer                                       EMAIL: gerg@stallion.com
Stallion Technologies Pty Ltd                      PHONE:   +61 7 3270 4271
33 Woodstock Rd, Toowong, QLD 4066, Australia      FAX:     +61 7 3270 4245