Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 1996 22:02:51 +1000 (EST)
From:      robert@chalmers.com.au (Robert Chalmers)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (bsd)
Subject:   server slow to react?

Hi,
Having problems I think with the server being slow to react, and
causing timeout problems?

If I ping the FreeBSD server with the SCO box, I get 0 ms times,
yet if I use the FreeBSD box to ping the SCO I get 1.2ms times.

The FreeBSD www server wont respond to Yahoo.com, and it times out
the attempt, yet yahoo.com connects to the sco box no worries.

Both machines are on the same network, and go through a Stallion
Communications Server.

Is there any way of "tuning" the FreeBSD kernel to improve response
time?

tahnks for any help
Bob
--
The China House					Sheng Huo Jiu Shi Dou Zheng
robert@chalmers.com.au for Whirled Peas		http://www.chalmers.com.au