Date:      Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:57:32 -0500
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, Danny Cooper <freebsd@as9105.com>
Subject:   Re: named coredumping

FYI, I had a chat with the ISC folks this week, and they said in clear terms
that enabling threads on current versions of BIND would be a pessimization.
I have already turned off threads in the port of 9.3.1, and am looking at
doing that for the base as well.

Could you give the port a try for now (with or without the option to
overwrite the base system BIND), and let me know if that helps/solves your
problems?

Doug