Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:17:16 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [scottro@nyc.rr.com: Re: Hardware Compatability]

----- Forwarded message from Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> -----

From: "Scott Robbins" <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Hardware Compatability
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:03:27 -0500
To: "Cliff Sarginson" <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cliff Sarginson" <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 10:22 AM

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:26:31PM +0800, Happy wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am new to FreeBSD and am going to install it on my system.
> > My graphics card is S3 trio 32/64 PCI (732/764).
> > Is it compatible with FreeBSD 4.0's XWindows ?

Hi Cliff--I just happened to see this one, and due to our sendmail server,
can't cc questions.

At any rate--my experience with X 4.x in both FreeBSD and Linux was that the
trick is to choose S3 Virge generic when choosing the vid card.

I don't see "Happy's" email here, and I already emptied deleted items today.
:)  Would it be a major imposition to ask you to forward this?  (Or even to
questions, if you think it worthwhile.)

Thanks and many apologies for the imposition.
Scott

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Regards