Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:54:51 +0200
From:      Johan Kruger <jkruger@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   KLD's

I am busy to convert two lkm's to kld's and having some problem with it.

The scenario is two lkm's ( now kld's ) which are loaded dependantly ( A and  B
)
I used to load them as :
/sbin/modload -o /tmp/kern.sym ./A.o
/sbin/modload -A /tmp/kern.sym ./B.o
to keep the symbols available.
The general layout of the modules used to look like the
lkm examples they gave in /usr/share/examples/lkm/misc  ( SPECIFICALLY misc
one ) I couldn't get an example of a KLD looking like this one, there is only
......./kld/cdev and ..../kld/syscall.
So i used syscall examples.  Then i compiled the module B.ko with A.ko as
a dependancy. ( I think i did , specked   KMODDEPS= cspop_mod.ko which
is module A in the Makefile.

I am loading with kldload ./A and kldload ./B ( it's the only way i know of ).

But now it still looks as if the two modules dont know about each other.
Is there an example of something like this lying around ??? How do i (link)
the symbols to the second KLD loaded ???

--
Johan Kruger ( B.Ing Electronic Engineering )
Developement Engineer