Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:32:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        perforce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 98153 for review

In message: <200606020856.11054.hselasky@c2i.net>
            Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> writes:
: On Friday 02 June 2006 02:26, Kip Macy wrote:
: > > I'd rather avoid this for now as it will have to be backed out for
: > > interrupt filters.
: >
: > I don't know anything about interrupt filters, so please let me know
: > what you have in mind. The whole of interrupt handling is far too
: > heavyweight at the moment.
: >
:
: As long as your code is not Giant locked, the standard interrupt handlers
: should not be that slow?

They are very slow compared to a FAST interrupt handler, since there's
a full context switch :-(

Warner