Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:17:51 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>, chris@netmonger.net, msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

> In message <199912090623.GAA11752@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org> Brian Somers writes:
> : The aha driver broke somewhere between the 5th and 8th of this month.
> : Boot -v says ``aha0: status reg test failed ff''.
>
> Odd..  What kind of card do you have?

aha0 at port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 7 on isa0
aha0: AHA-1542CP FW Rev. D.0 (ID=46) SCSI Host Adapter, SCSI ID 7, 16 CCBs

It's PnP, but the BIOS says non-PnP OS and is assigning irq11/drq7
both with the old & new kernels.

The working kernel is a ``cd /sys; cvs up -D991205'' kernel and the
broken one is anything more recent (although I don't know exactly
where it broke).

I'll try to get some time on the weekend to roll things forward 'till
they break....

I moved my ISDN card from 0x160 because it was causing problems with
wdc1 (@ 0x170) (which may be why ata1 was jamming up) to 0x260, but
the card uses a whole bunch of i/o addresses....  The working kernel
from the 5th has no ISDN support because I had to build it on another
machine (one without the i4b patches installed).

It's a horrible mess.  If nobody else complains about ata, I'd assume
it's just pilot error.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>