Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 02:07:14 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is httpd launched from?

>At 12:04 03.04.97 +0000, you wrote:
>>I'm sure it's right in front of me, but where does Apache's httpd
>>start from?  I can't find it....
>
>I like to start it from /etc/rc.local - perhaps you will find yours there too?

Examining /etc/sysconfig shows that it looks in /usr/local/sbin/rc.d

That is where we found the shell script : apache.sh
which is basically invoking /usr/local/sbin/httpd

in our case, we didn't want Apache launching atomatically and
removed the script apache.sh from /usr/local/sbin/rc.d

hth

chas

ps. put your own scripts and start up commands in rc.local