Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2019 11:46:55 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>
To:        Kevin Smallman <pipeline79@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feedback for ports on 12.1 stable snapshot/ppc64

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 06:06:49PM +0100, Kevin Smallman wrote:
> Can I also report that I've successfully also built llvm-80 and the whole
> of xorg?
> I feel like my imac deserves a reward for this, it's been at it for days.

Yes, it does deserve it.  These old Macs are fine pieces of hardware, but
some of their limitations (e.g. max amount of supported RAM) makes them
harder to use with contemporary bloated software.

FreeBSD/powerpc was relatively lucky for quite a while because it was using
sane compiler (gcc-4.2).  Unfortunately, I've heard it might get downgraded
to clang in not so distant future. :-(

./danfe