Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 17:21:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, FreebSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ssh port problem.....

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, William Woods wrote:

> On 13-Sep-98 Mark Murray wrote:
> > Chuck Robey wrote:
> >> The problem is, for the gmp and z libs, those are system libs, but the
> >> lib callouts for them assume that they aren't system libs.  The
> >> difference is that you use a -L switch for non-system libs, to tell the
> >> compiler where to look for them.  You *don't* do that for sytem libs,
> >> the system does that.  This is most especially critically important for
> >> FreeBSD-current, where the lib situation is (shall we say) a little
> >> muddy right now.  Those -L/usr/lib switches have to go away.  They're
> >> encapsulated in the patch-ac.  I included a new patch-ac with a couple
> >> of small edits to take the -L's out of libz and libgmp.
> >

> Where can I find these new patches ?

Noticed that William Woods mail address is bad, and I can't find him on
any of our mailing lists.  If he reads this, and wants to patch, he's
either going to have to get another address, or see to it that
cybcon.com stays up long enough to get mail.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).