Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:16:58 +0100
From:      J Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to connect additional distribution files to a port?

Hi all,

i've already encountered the problem in my recently added avr-libc
port, and are now in the same situation again: in addition to normal
distribution files (.tar.gz etc.), it would be worthwhile to connect
what i'd call ``additional distribution files'' to a port (like PDF
documentation in my case).  For avr-libc i've stuffed that file into
the files/ subdirectory of the port, but actually i'd rather love it
to not bloat the CVS repo with it since they originate somewhere in
the Internet anyway, so they could be fetched from there instead.

As i see it right now, there are only two options to fetch files:
distribution files (which the ports build process will attempt to
unpack), and patch files (which it will attempt to patch in), so am i
right that this option is just missing, or did i overlook something?

[Please retain me in the Cc list or i won't see it.]
--
Joerg Wunsch             NIC hdl: JW11-RIPE             On the air: DL8DTL
See http://www.interface-business.de/~j/ for more information.

Some addresses in the headers might be wrong (sorry - I'm not the admin here).