Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:22:26 +0000 ()
From:      Werner Griessl <croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>
To:        106154.3334@CompuServe.COM (TURLOUGH FITZPatric)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE/ESDI CD-rom

> Hi there,
> I have been trying to get my cdrom intot he system(FBSD2.1R) for the last
> few weeks with no luck. I have identified that it uses an IDE/ESDI Harddisk
> controller and is located on irq 15. This I found through windows. As
> FreeBSD boots up it recognises that it is there and geives the correct i/o
> address for it(and delays a while). The only thing is that when I go to
> mount it it tells me that the device is not configured.
> Does anybody have any idea of what I have to do to get the drive mounteed.
>
> Thanks,
> turlough

Hi turlough,
Do you have configured your kernel for cdrom ?
Try to add the lines:

options         "CD9660"                #ISO 9660 Filesystem
.
.
.
options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

and recompile the kernel.
If this not works, you can try my modified "wd.c" from:
"btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de:/pub/FreeBSD/wdpatch/"
Login as ftp, password your Email
You can also use "http://btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de/pub_ftp/".

Hope this helps,
Werner