Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:46:01 -0400
From:      "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   is having the ports secure?

Hi..

If i'm trying to make a secure installation (for example a firewall box)
that will run only a finite set of services (NAT, firewalling, DNS, and not
very much else), wouldn't it be better (more secure) to not install the
whole ports collection but only the specific ports for the services I want?
Aside from the (forty?) megabytes I would save on the already pretty small
disk.

Am I on the right track here?