Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 08:47:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mpp.minn.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic with scsi(8) & -current

I have a scsi disk drive that appears to be failing, so I decided
to try low-level formating it with scsi(8).  Relevant info:

Adaptec 1542B controller
Rodime RO3000S disk drive

Issuing the following command will cause the panic:

scsi -f /dev/rsd2c -c "4 0 0 0 0 0"

After several seconds I see a timeout message from the
scsi driver and then:

panic: biodone: buffer not busy

I can repeat the problem.

Am I issuing the correct scsi command to do the low-level format?
If not, can someone please tell me how to do it?  I dug the above
command out of the mail archives after searching through all
of the various scsi man pages and not finding anything.
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@mpp.minn.net