Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:46:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        eporue@best.com (Eporue.aCid.AiS)
Cc:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dialing into inet..

Eporue.aCid.AiS wrote:

> Heya, I am tring to get my freebsd 2.1.6 to dial into my internet service.
> I have been tring for a couple days and the error I keep getting is that
> there is no route to host. Can you tell me what files I should have set to
> dial up? I have been messing with the follow files.
>

> sysconfig
Generan configuration, the default route in here is useful really on for
directly connected hosts.

> hosts
Name resolving.

> resolv.conf
Point towards the name server, nothing to do with routing directly

> Please help... :(

> Oh.. I also have a dialup script that I got from a friend. It dials into
> the isp (best internet) just fine, as far as I can tell.. heh.. I also got
> a options file in /etc/ppp that is should be working.. I just need to debug
> this no route to host..

Ok, if your running pppd (which if your using the options file you are),
then you just need to add "defaultroute" to your options file and it
should bring up the default route.

> Thanks for any help..
>
> -Gavin

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team