Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:26:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD STABLE discussion <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Install & Config discussion <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   adjkerntz ain't running'

This morning while ftp'ing, I noticed the date stamp was funny. I then
checked the clock out and it was 2 days behind. Dang. I looked through ps
output -- xntpd and adjkerntz wasn't there. Figures. I used ntpdate to
bring the clock up-to-date and reboot the server.

I then logged on again, and interestingly adjkerntz wasn't running (xntpd
was running, though). I checked my secondary server which is the only
other computer here running 3.5-STABLE. adjkerntz+xntpd was running there
fine. I checked through log files but to no avail. There wasn't any
message related to adjkerntz. I tried one last try by rebooting the server
(I don't have direct terminal to the server so I couldn't just drop to
single user mode, and I was too lazy to hook up a terminal to the serial
port). Well, that didn't work, something's not right. Does adjkerntz
exist? Check -- it's at /sbin/adjkerntz, and it runs if I typed it at the
prompt. Is rc tampered with? Nope -- "adjkerntz -i" is in there, and set
to start without any condition.

Alright, what's wrong? I sure like to know under what conditions will
adjkerntz fail to run? Should I even be concerned with adjkerntz?

------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------