Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 15:40:05 -0500
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Frustrated with recording

 I am running 2.2.7 .. trying to record off the audio in .. and have 0
 success. I can cat /dev/dsp and get a file ( what type I havn't a
 clue .. cannot find docs anywhere that tell me either ). And I can
 take that file and cat it back .. and it gives me  11000kHz and mono.
 But I cannot mpeg it to save my life. I have tried all sorts of
 editors, converters and stuff and it no workie. Here are the details:

 dmesg:
 pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa

branson@belmakor > cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (980215) Nov  8 1998 18:02:31
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13> at 0x220 irq 5 dma 1:5

the devices are pointed correctly.. and things like amp and mikmod
work just fine ..as well as the varios mixers.

signed,

  I just wanna record