Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 14:50:19 +0000
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@nadt.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup woes

Hi All,

Am I alone in having a hell of a time cvsup-ing 3.4? I'm using the
exact same supfile as ever, but it crawls (on whatever server I try)
then finally dies with "TreeList failed: Network write failure:
Connection timed out" at anything up to one hour after starting.

This is cvsup client REL_16_0 over userland ppp on a 56k modem line with:

*default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

I'm hoping that it's because the entire world has abandoned their
seasonal holidays in order to download FreeBSD. However, it's
possible something is going wrong.

Best wishes for the new year!

Robin.

Robin Melville, Addiction Information Service
Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team
Tel:  +44 (0)115 952 9478       Fax:  +44 (0)115 952 9421
work: robmel@nadt.org.uk
Pages: http://www.nadt.org.uk/