Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2008 00:46:00 -0400
From:      Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw@unete.cl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Christopher Joyner <chris27wjoyner@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: curses.h, beep() returns ERR, flash() casuses segment fault.

--nextPart1822109.xeQlmOYend

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 22:10:40 Christopher Joyner wrote:
> I do not get the OK from beep, and flash crashes the program.
> This is my code:

  First, take a look on the manual page...
=20

> #include <curses.h>
>
> int main(int argc,char** argv)
> {
>     if(beep()!=3DOK)
>         printf("No OK\n"); fflush(stdout);
>     if(flash()!=3DOK)
>         printf("No Flash\n"); fflush(stdout);
> return 0;
> }

  Well, try:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <curses.h>

int
main(int argc,char** argv)
{
    /* in curses(3X) manual page... */
    initscr();

    if (beep() !=3D OK)
        printf("No OK\n"); fflush(stdout);
    if (flash() !=3D OK)
        printf("No Flash\n"); fflush(stdout);
	return 0;
}

  And read the curses manual page, you forgot to init
the screen.

> In Love in Jesus Christ, Or Lord and Savior.
>

> For God so loved the world, that he gave his only *begotten
> Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but
> have everlasting life. --John 3:16
>

> [SNIP]

Regards,
=2D-=20
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict
 OOO | FreeBSD & Linux User    | Standards Rocks!