Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:11:32 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FAQ reorganization

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:09:03PM +0200, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:
> John,
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 12:11:13PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
> > Nik handles the doc/ release engineering side, and Nik has already tagg=
ed the
> > tree for this release, IIRC.
>=20
> that was my impression, too.

I haven't tagged it yet, because Jordan's pushed the release date back a
week or so.

> > If the reorg goes well, then Nik can slide the tags forward if he choos=
es.
> > Once the tag is laid, the freeze for doc/ is pretty much done.
>=20
> If I understood Chris correctly, the cut&paste job is just the first stage
> of the FAQ reorg.  He mentioned that he would have to move questions betw=
een
> chapters, rewrite questions, add questions, etc. That process will probab=
ly
> take some time.
>=20
> On the other hand, once the reorg starts to hit the tree, it's pretty
> impossible to get fixes to questions included into the release (without
> also included the first stage of the reorg).

Yeah.  Would it be a pain to put off bringing this in until after the
release?  I've just got the automated doc building working as well, and
I'd rather not have the FAQ in pieces now either. =20

Having said that, I haven't had the chance to pull down Chris' latest
changes and play with them yet (real life intervening and all that).
I've set aside most of Saturday and Sunday this weekend for FreeBSD
related work, which this'll definitely be a part of, if people are happy
to wait for a couple of days.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--