Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:03:57 -0400
From:      bsdfsse <bsdfsse@optonline.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   C/C++ IDE?  (Anjuta or Eclipse-CDT?)

I was looking for an IDE for C/C++ programming under FreeBSD 4.10.
Something like the Borland or Microsoft IDE's.  I found Anjuta and
Eclipse-CDT in the ports.  I guess I prefer Eclipse, since some of my
friends are using it for Java.  I've never even compiled an app on
FreeBSD, lol.

I am running Fluxbox-devel, so I am not looking at KDevelop (I assume it
requires KDE).

Primarily I am interested in writing ANSI C++ applications, though I
plan to eventually use wxWidgets, too. I also plan to use VIM and the
c++ compiler for little programs.

Did I miss any obvious IDE choices? Is there another IDE that is better?

thx!