Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:40:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
To:        Katherina Law <law@eecs.berkeley.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie on FreeBSD installation.

---Katherina Law <law@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I would like to install FreeBSD on an IBM ThinkPad 560,  with a 2 Gig
> Harddisk.  It has the Megahertz PCMCIA card as the ethernet card.
Is it
> doable?

Installing FreeBSD on an IBM ThinkPad 560 is totally doable.
You will need a PAO package, which I admitedly forget is where.

  What is the best way to partition it?

That of course is up to you. If we were completely impartial then we
would of course recommend 50/50 but since we are not we recommend
giving FreeBSD as much room as possible :-)
Although, you will need around 300M for nice text based install.

  50/50 for Win95 and
> FreeBSD?  I didn't see the Megahertz card oin the compatiblity list,
do
> you think that is OK?

Do you plan to use FreeBSD on a network?

  When I tried to install it, there is a few of
> (Confl) something similar to that, I am not sure about the wording
now,
> but does that mean conflict?  I am new to FreeBSD, can you help me
with
> some advises?

Hmmmm, this doesn't sound very clear. If you could send perhaps a more
detailed description of what exactly you downloaded, steps you took to
install and the messages you got. Otherwise, it's too hard to guess :-)

> Many thanks in advance,

Oh shucks, none needed.