Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2018 13:40:44 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux JDK 11

Hi all,

I've created a port of the Linux JDK 11 based on the release available at
https://jdk.java.net/11/ but haven't committed it since the binaries don't
work, at least for me.  I wanted to get a sense of other's experiences if
they have any.  When I try to run java -version I get:

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xffffffffff600800, pid=550, tid=100508
#
# JRE version:  (11.0.1+13) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13, mixed mode, aot, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C  0xffffffffff600800
#
# Core dump will be written. Default location: core.550 (may not exist)
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/ports/java/linux-openjdk-jdk11/hs_err_pid550.log
#
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

This is on FreeBSD 11.2/amd64.  I'm interested to know if other see the
same and how it behaves on FreeBSD 12 as well.

The Linux JDK 10 works without a hitch, as does 9 and 8.  So my first guess
is that this is something in the Linux emulation layer.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org