Date:      Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:51:07 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "Timothy Radigan" <rad2921@cup.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Local Mail Configuration

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:39:36 -0500  "Timothy Radigan" wrote:
 +------------------
 | Hi all,
 |
 | I have a slight problem over here.  Nothing major but it's still =
 | aggravating me nonetheless.
 |
 | I have a local domain name set up on my FreeBSD server and qpopper =
 | handling the mail for that server.  When I logon my Samba domain on my =
 | XP machine and use Outlook, I can send mail to =
 | t_radigan@home.newrevolutions.net without a problem.  However, when I =
 | try to send mail to t_radigan@newrevolutions.net I get errors.  Anyone =
 | have any ideas on how I can solve this?

What are the errors that you are getting?  I can't find any delegation
in the DNS for newrevolutions.net.  Neither are there there MX or
A records for it.  Maybe if you post more details to the list one
of us can help you zero in on the problem.

By the way, set your mail client to send plain text messages to this list.

thanks
--
    Chris Fedde