Date:      28 Aug 2002 19:18:57 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "'Tim Vanderhoek'" <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org, Khachaturov Vassilii <Vassilii.Khachaturov@comverse.com>
Subject:   RE: Introduction

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 15:33, Khachaturov Vassilii wrote:

> > Anyways, the hunk of crap at work is based on a cvsweb.cgi far too
> > old to even think of merging the PVCS support into a current
> > cvsweb.cgi.  However, maybe somebody else on this list has a copy
> > of a newer cvsweb.cgi that supports PVCS?  Is there any interest
> > in adding support to cvsweb.cgi for other source control systems,
> > or is it pretty much pointless (outside our local repo)?
[...]
> In your case, however, the version control system is not an in-house one,
> so maybe indeed there are other users of it that might be interested.
> But I'd say if you want those integrated, you should also explain to peop=
le
> how to (freely) set up a testing environment. Maybe you might team up wit=
> some of the PVCS developers, or have them maintain a vendor-specific
> patch for cvsweb to release with cvsweb and PVCS new releases.

Yep, in general, PVCS support patches would be welcome, as well as a
testing environment.  Provided of course that it won't have any bad
effects on CVSweb's functionality with CVS and that the changes are
relatively small.

BTW Tim, if your version is based on Zeller's cvsweb.cgi, you can still
browse the revisions at his site and see if you can find the version
your patched one is based on, and do a diff between them.

Zeller's CVSweb site doesn't seem to be in too good shape nowadays, but
browsing to
<http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~zeller/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi>;
and appending "?rev=3Dx.xx" to the URL will still give you the sources.=20
For example, to retrieve version 1.93, one would surf to
<http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~zeller/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi?rev=
=3D1.93>.  The available revisions seem to be from 1.1 (!) to 1.112.

Cheers,
--=20
\/ille Skytt=E4
scop at FreeBSD.org