Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 11:16:13 -0400
From:      "SILVER, MICHAEL A" <MSILVER@scana.com>
To:        "'Peter'" <fbsdq@yahoo.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What are good NIC's for FreeBSD.

I don't know what your problem is, but I have seen some tuning guidlines for
settings up Samba in a windows environment.  Before I tuned my install I had
real poor transfer rates.  I couldn't burn a CD from an ISO on the samba
server.  Since the tuning, I now can.  I also listen to MP3's off my server
all the time.  Rarely do I get a skip.  I have a AMD K6-2 350, with a couple
of realtek cards at 10Mb.

My main system is down at home, so I don't have any links for you, but try
searching google for samba windows tuning, etc.

...Michael...