Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 1996 22:11:48 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

>   If a majority of the
>   build boxes report success during a given 24 hour period, and I'd
>   recommend making it a majority vote since a given percentage will
>   *always* be hosed due to local stupidity of some sort, then the
>   for-public-consumption tree will be updated.
>
>That would solve the problem nicely, but so far none of the "current
>is broken *again*!" complainers have been willing to sit down and
>actually implement the framework necessary for making this work.

The only potential problem that I see has to do with the problem of builds
which depend on previous builds.

If I have ctm release 100, and it works, I would verfify that 101 is OK.
>From 101, I might verify 102, etc.

However, 102 might NOT build from 100 because it depends on the
installation of something in 101.  :-(

>P.S. A human-driven model for this will *NOT* work.  Such a
>buildmeister person will simply burn out on the process in short
>order, needlessly wasting everyone's time and one buildmeister.

On this, I agree.