Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:25:35 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   /stand/sysinstall network Nic configure screen?

Reading the new second edition FBSD handbook page 54 about
configuring a Nic card. Field Host [the fully-qualified hostname]
What is this talking about? Does this mean the domain name
of my ISP? Where do I find this domain name? The Ipv4 address field,
is this address one of my choosing from the private IP address
group I am working with?

You know what is really needed here is a description of each field
explaining how it is used by FBSD, where to get the info needed to
fill out the fields.

Also what does the two question that proceed this screen that ask
about Ipv4 / Ipv6 and DHCP do for the process of setting up a
nic card?

What kind entries is it building behind the scenes and to what files?

Thanks

Joe