Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:25:11 -0500
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does Size Really Matter ( Any More )

Yeah, size still does matter.  On EIDE hard drives, you can create
partitions anywhere, but you won't be able to directly boot any partition
beyond the 1024th cylinder.  Using the logical block addressing (LBA) on
most large drives, this means anything more than 8 GB from the start the
start of the drive.

--Chip Morton