Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2008 04:05:49 -0500
From:      "Don Wilde" <dwilde1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   a fun project

Gentlemen -

I work for Dell in Round Rock, and I'm working on projects related to Dell's
big new M1000e chassis. I'm doing firmware development management for the
blade management controller on the board, a Faraday KIRA100. Last year, I
worked on the team that built firmware for the Chassis Management Controller
for the system.

We have a blade we're building which has 4 Barcelona 8000's and 24 DIMM
slots and 4 mezzanine card slots which can hold either ethernet or iSCSI Lan
on Motherboard chips (7508's, these are Broadcom, I think). The M1000e will
carry 8 of these or 16 of the simpler 2S AMD or Intel blades.

I'd LOVE to get this beastie running Beastie, if you know what I mean.

This can't be a front-burner effort for me for a lot of reasons, but I'd
really appreciate your help in making it happen. It seems to me that having
FreeBSD working on such bleeding edge hardware leads to more high-end sales
for Dell and more FreeBSD in High Places. Win - Win!

I'm d/l the ISO's to play with. I have FreeBSD 7-STABLE running on my old
Inspiron Celeron laptop, and I'm competent to tweak kernel files and all the
usual FreeBSD stuff. I do program in C and Perl and whatnot, but I'm not a
kernel committer. ;-D

The usual disclaimers: all opinions expressed herein are my own, not Dell's,
etc.,etc.,etc. YMMV! :D

-- Don Wilde