Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jin Guojun <jguojun@sbcglobal.net>
To:        Thierry Thomas <thierry@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.0-Beta installation problem -- Unable to find /dev/ad0s1b

dd 1m zero on the drive and rerun the 8.0Beta4 DVD. Created two slices S1 a=
nd S2,
and did auto labling (unix partiton) on S1, hit W, the problem persists.

Boot system with freeBSD 6.4, and 6.4 sees two slices (MBR partitions) S1 a=
nd S2,=20
but no any Unix partition (ad0s1a, ad0s1b etc) on S1.

Boot back to 8.0-Beta4, it still sees not Slice created.=20
At this point, it is obviously that 8.0 looks in a wrong MBR location --
8.0 created slices can be seen by 6.4 but not 8.0 itself.