Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:35:26 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: First commands

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 08:56:34PM +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 5 Oct 98, at 10:24, Sue Blake wrote:
>
> > OK, what are your picks for the most essential/useful commands for
> > a raw newbie? And what commands are screaming out for a simple example of
> > their use? Here's a starting list. What's missing?
>
> I've had a worry.  Is this too big?

Yes, it is too much to present as a single list, but don't worry, it'll
get sorted and whittled down. Ten would be enough new commands to hear
about all at once, if that was the idea. I'm thinking of a lookup thing
so the more the merrier, if they are _real_beginner_ stuff.

We're getting some great suggestions. Did someone mention grep already?
Let the brainstorming continue...

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-