Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:31:13 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Vrist <inbox@seet.dk>
To:        freebsd-net@lists.freebsd.org
Subject:   if_rue and Wiretek UBRJ4 USB 1.1 To Fast Ethernet Converter

I recently  bought this cheap USB ethernet dongle<subj>.
When kldloading if_rue it is found a recives a ifconfig entry:
kernel: rue0: REALTEK USB 10/100 LAN, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 3
kernel: miibus1: <MII bus> on rue0
kernel: ruephy0: <RealTek RTL8150 internal media interface> on miibus1
kernel: ruephy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
kernel: rue0: Ethernet address: 00:e0:4c:03:07:1f

and dhclient gives it an ip correct.

But when putting some load on the interface, (misc nfs and scp things)
it starts giving troubles:
kernel: rue0: watchdog timeout
kernel: rue0: usb error on tx: IN_PROGRESS
kernel: rue0: usb error on tx: TIMEOUT

And all my pings etc stopped working, and ping started saying
no buffer space... and such
(but my irrsi still let me see some of the new privmesgs for a while)

I stoppede the load and downed and upped the interface again and after
a while it started to let me send packets again.
But short after the same error occoured again and i gave up.

Is this because of shitty crap hardware(it costed me about 10euros) or
is there some solution with the driver ?

kind regards
Søren Vrist