Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:08:54 -0800
From:      mandm@alaska.com
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   KDE2.1 and Qt-23

I hope this is the correct list to post this to :)
I am running a new current installation 20010408.
When trying to make KDE2, it fails when attempting to make
Qt-23. I ran "make clean" under kde2, the other kde2 ports, and  also
under qt23. I then cvsuped all ports (as of this am) and tried  again.
Same failure.
I then went into qt-23 and tried building that port separately. The  only
way I could do it was to go into the work directory and then  use "make".
Qt-23 built fine (no errors or anything), but would not "make install".
The error that kept coming up was that the PORTDIR  was set wrong and
needed to be set to /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt23/work/qt-2.3.0. I backed
out to the qt23 directory, make clean, and tried again. It just will  not
make && make install under that directory.
Am I missing something? What other info can I send you?
Again this is a new -current install. BTW- I didn't install kde1.1 before
(in  case that would have caused the problem).
TIA,
Mike

ps- kde2 did install fine on my 4.2-Stable box.
Using, FreeBSD 4.2-Stable & -Current, OS/2 Warp4
         Linux-Mandrake 7.2
ICQ #54186124      BP40MM
al7oj@arrl.net
God's best to you!