Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:14:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Burke Martin <czr@dunces.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux and FBSD on 1 machine..

> Sorry this is just a test.

And I thought, it would be an answer ;-)

Reading the boot passages in the handbook. Maybe I should just check it
out. If somebody has experiences with IDE and SCSI on this Adaptec/Asus
mainboard with SCSI onboard and can imagine what Linux on IDE would
mean for the existing FBSD SCSI system...

From what I could see, without the SCSI drives, SCSI CD and IDE in,
installation program and putting the drive into another machine, without
Floppy etc, this Linux is terrible if you are not used to it. Couldnt run
PLIP, some days playing around. Which is megaeasy on FBSD, and fast enough
in this case.

Some old Debian and some "Go Linux", half REDHAT without ftp server or
ftp, but with plenty of KDE etc, from a peecee magazin.

H.