Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 23:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        ATM Services <atm@top.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logging on to a server FREEBSD with PPP connection

This belongs in -questions.  CC: repaired.

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996, ATM Services wrote:

> I want to know how I can easely connect to my provider whit this
> terminal emulator. Do I have to write some script to dial. My provider
> server run on Windows NT. Can you help me caus ive read everything in
> documentation but still stock.

We'll have to assume that you've installed the system.

Take a look at /etc/ppp.conf.sample.  Copy it to /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.  Make
a new profile and copy the profile that fits your situation best (PPP/CHAP
authentication, or just use 'simplesite').  Then you'll have to write a
chat script to have ppp dial in and start ppp on the remote.  Instructions
for chat(1) are on it's man page.

If you need more assistance, let us know.