Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2015 21:39:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      timp <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/squid's cache dir

> I can see a case for fixing the Makefile so the log directory is
created in the right place.

What do you mean? It's already created and used by port in right place -
/var/log/squid.

> Moving the squid directory itself wouldn't  avoid creating
> /var/squid/logs.

And there is no need to move this directory. Removing a few lines from
Makefile and pkg-plist would avoid this. Do I misunderstand something?

> Squid can use more than one cache directory, so it makes sense to have the
> default cache directory as a sub-directory of squid/.

Additional cache dirs can be created manually by user in /var/squid, I
agree. Like /var/squid/cache{1,2,3} etc whatever.
But these dirs can be created manually in /var/cache too. Like
/var/cache/squid{1,2,3}. I can't see any difference.

Explain, please.