Date:      07 Jul 2002 16:13:31 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Chuck Warren <force2130@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?

--=-PUnrmPbwyewdaCzd1QzW

Hi Chuck,
   I've got the domain sorted now, but I'm having a problem setting up
ddclient. Well.., I can't seem to get this thing started, to be honest.

I've done the following:
In /usr/local/etc,
copied ddclient.conf.sample to ddclient.conf
edited ddclient.conf to use the router's IP, login & password
saved the file
went to /usr/local/sbin and tried starting manually for the first time
as per the instructions:
/usr/local/sbin $ sh ddclient start
require: not found
use: not found
use: not found
use: not found
use: not found
my: not found
my: not found
=3D~: not found
my: not found
=3D~: not found
my: not found
ddclient: 21: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
/usr/local/sbin $=20

Can you (anyone that using ddclient) please give me a hand here?

Stacey

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 15:02, Chuck Warren wrote:
>=20
> >From: Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
> >To: Adam Wood <woodfucius@attbi.com>
> >CC: 'FreeBSD-Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> >Subject: RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?
> >Date: 04 Jul 2002 23:01:22 +0100
> >
> >Thanks Adam (and everyone else that replied!),
> >       I think that ZoneEdit meets the requirements for what I have in
> >mind here. Only, I'm drawn towards using ddclient for the dynamic DNS
> >client on the gateway. Have you come across this client? What are your
> >thoughts?
> >
> >Stacey

> > > I use ZoneEdit - they're great.  Lynx (/usr/ports/www/lynx) works fin=
> > > for updating my address.  I have a cron job that runs the following
> > > script once a week.
> > >
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > > # Script to update IP address at ZoneEdit.
> > > lynx -source -auth=3DUSERNAME:PASSWORD
> > > 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=3Dwoodfucius.com'
> > >
> > > chmod the script to 700 and you're all set.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > Adam

> >--
> >Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
> >Network Systems Engineer
> ><< signature.asc >>
>=20
> Stacey -
>=20
> I have been using ddclient (with dyndns.org) without a problem for months=
...=20
> comes with it's own startup script and can be modified to suit your needs=
..=20
> quite easy and only takes a few minutes to setup.
>=20
> Need a hand surely let me know.
>=20
> Cheers
> Chuck
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
> [...]

> > > #!/bin/sh
> > > # Script to update IP address at ZoneEdit.
> > > lynx -source -auth=3DUSERNAME:PASSWORD
> > > 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=3Dwoodfucius.com'
> > >
> > > chmod the script to 700 and you're all set.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > Adam

> >--
> >Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
> >Network Systems Engineer
> ><< signature.asc >>
>=20
> Stacey -
>=20
> I have been using ddclient (with dyndns.org) without a problem for months=
...=20
> comes with it's own startup script and can be modified to suit your needs=
..=20
> quite easy and only takes a few minutes to setup.
- --=20