Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:51:31 -0700
From:      "Bill Blue" <bblue@netoldies.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Polling and em0

polling(4) says that supported devices include em(4) and that polling su=
pport is turned on and off with ifconfig's 'polling' option.  But ifconf=
ig doesn't seem to recognize that option either as a standalone request =
or with the initial em0 setup at boot.

This is after a source cvsup (releng=3D6 for the frozen for 6.2 sources)=
 yesterday and buildworld + buildkernel.  em support is compiled in the =
kernel rather than loaded.  Mobo is a Supermicro P4SCT-0 with Intel 875 =
chipset.

Is this a known issue that I haven't found references to, or perhaps som=
ething related to my specific configuration?

FreeBSD v2.netoldies.com 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #0: Fri S=
ep 15 15:14:07 PDT 2006     root@v2.netoldies.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/V=
2KERNEL  i386

Thanks

--Bill