Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2013 18:01:59 -0500
From:      Brett Wynkoop <wynkoop@wynn.com>
To:        "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: networking with qemu-arm

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 21:41:51 +0100
"Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org> wrote:

> The login prompt is displayed by the program 'getty'. The
> file /etc/ttys contains information about where it does this, e.g. on
> serial ports (ttyu*) or virtual terminals (ttyv*).
> Your qemu probably has some virtual serial port you can connect to
> from the host OS. Or you should enable getty on the console or
> virtual terminal. NB: my amd64 machine has another default /etc/ttys
> than my arm machine.
>
> Ronald.
Greeting-

Since I got a getty on the console of the BeagleBone I did not even
look at /etc/ttys, but now that I have looked at it I see the Bone
image has the getty set on /dev/ttyu0 and nothing on /dev/console.  I
am pretty sure now that is what the problem was.  Thanks for pointing
me to /etc/ttys.  I did not think of looking at it.

Unfortunantly in my quest to get networking going I seem to have killed
disk access in qemu.  Not having good qemu luck.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6924