Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:42:11 +0100
From:      Jason Taylor <jason.n.taylor@gmail.com>
To:        Gary Edwards <gary.edwards@jerseymail.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI ADSL Modems

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:05:44 +0100, Gary Edwards
<gary.edwards@jerseymail.co.uk> wrote:
> I was wondering what PCI modems FreeBSD supports.  I have followed the
> hardware link on the web site but could not find a supplier to the UK.
> I was wondering if the "ADSL PCI Conexant Chipset" was supported.

An external standalone ethernet based ADSL router can be bought for
=A330 or so and you will have no interoperability problems with FreeBSD
or any other operating system that supports ethernet.

Even for a single machine setup the ethernet option is usually
superior to USB or an internal card, having no driver problems and a
few additional security benefits.

Jason.