Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 01:06:09 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: receiving mail directly

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Dan Langille wrote:

>A curly one: My connection may be permanent.  But my IP is not.  It's
>assigned via DHCP.  There must be some mechanism for my ISP to
>update the DNS dynamically.

Not as easy as it sounds.

Easier to participate in a DyDNS project, like the one at
http://www.ml.org

Dunno if they've got a UNIX client; but it's a solution (although
maybe not a good one).

>You say that as if it's something I might regret if I tried it.   :)

Procmail is a very hairy beast. I've only managed to get it to
filter based on subject, from, sender and to (and variations
thereof). Still got to work on message body parsing and the
like. I am of course referring to the .procmailrc

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware