Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:03:20 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mod_* port standards / review process

Hi guys,

How would I go about reviewing and testing submitted mod_* ports for
Apache?  I am happy to upgrade my Apache installation (currently using
apache+php-1.3.12+3.0.15, which I believe is the pre-modules-based
version of Apache+PHP3 port).  But then, when I install a mod_* port,
does it take care of the APXS stuff such that Apache will load it on the
next restart of the webserver?  Or does the config file need to be
changed to add LoadModule directives, etc.?  When I deinstall a mod_*
port, does it take care of disabling the LoadModule directive / APXS
stuff?

I'd like to know so that I could take care of the mod_* ports, which I
currently don't bother touching due to lack of knowledge about how the
apxs stuff works, and so I can port a couple more modules from
apache.org and other people.

Thanks,

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>