Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:08:01 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>, Zhiui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFS

Terry said:

> I am offering to do a preliminary port of the XFS code,
> potentially to the point of minimally a read-only mount, and
> perhaps much further, depending on the effort required.

.. and I'm already (only initially) trudging my way through the
linux XFS code and slowly fixing it up.

I've hit a sticker - the lacking mount interface we have - which
I'm also slowly reworking to be more flexible and suited to
the XFS requirements.

So Terry, if you'd like to help, lets sort out the mount interface,
help me finish bits of the userland interface, and then we can
work on getting the XFS kernel code in.

.. i might say that from what I hear, it might be easier to port
XFS to FreeBSD based on the original XFS code before it was
Linux-ified, but I'm willing to walk through the linux code.

Adrian