Date:      28 Jan 2003 19:37:55 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Checking Vulnerabilities

"Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net> writes:

> At 05:56 PM 1.27.2003 -0500, Mario Antonio wrote:
> >Dear List,
> >
> >How Can I verify that my system has some  of the discovered vulnerabilities?
> >Is there any tool that I can use to help me out?
> >

> >Regards
> >
> >Mario
> >

> The tool I use is regular cvsup for -RELEASE, which includes all security
> updates....

That only includes security updates that are considered "critical".
And strictly speaking, it doesn't answer the question, because this
is talking about a way of *fixing* the problems, not identifying them.

Usually, the security notifications include the information needed to
determine whether a problem affects your system or not.