Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:07:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI: RSA Donated to the public domain

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Jeroen C. van Gelderen wrote:

> [1] The press release talk about RSADSI "waiving its
>     rights to enforce the RSA patent for any development
>     activities"
>
>     This is very cunning as the patent never actually
>     covered development. Instead it covers usage and
>     sales of products incorporating RSA, both of which
>     are not explicitly allowed for in the press release.
>     Better be careful, better get written approval!

All of the pages they've put up on their website seems to disagree with
what you've just said.  I think you're confusing use of RSA and use of
RSAREF/BSAFE, which they're still maintaining control over (as Warner
said.)

Somehow I rather doubt they're trying to trick people into using RSA for
the next week, and then going on a mass lawsuit spree.